LLSOM is changing lives, watch the video from Lisa now.
LLSOM is the brainchild of Lisa Lashes (CEO), and Deborah Hewitt (MD) who met in 2018 by chance, at a music workshop for young people.
Both Deborah, who has vast knowledge and experience of the education & training sector, and Lisa, an award winning international DJ, have always had the shared passion for making a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable young people through education and creativity. Instantly the synergy between them, combined with their wealth of industry knowledge, was destined for a groundbreaking collaboration of opportunity for children, and indeed adults, of all walks of life.
With an experienced, and passionate team of experts from both sectors, they have carefully crafted an innovative and engaging program to extend the scope and impact within Schools, the local community and beyond.
“We provide our pupils with the right tools, educational progress and ambition necessary for a successful, and inspired future. This could include reintegration into mainstream school, building confidence and self belief, or even more tailored SEND and/or EHCP needs. Whatever the situation, we aim to enrich the learners experience, using the power of Music and Learning.
This includes cultivating a productive lifestyle, personal resilience, transferable skills and even the basic values required to become the responsible and positive member of society, we believe all children deserve the chance to be. “
From experience, both professional and personal, of working with young people that have found themselves disillusioned in some Mainstream School scenarios, re-engaging can be challenging for a variety of reasons for any child, let alone their ability. Simply trying to reshape or recreate the same model that has been rejected, will often prove unsuccessful and could set them up with further failure, with lasting effects.
We create a safe, inclusive environment where pupils can feel valued, supported, and nurtured to create, learn and thrive. We aim that every pupil will gain confidence, self esteem, understanding, and personal growth. All, whilst helping them to develop knowledge, skills, and even memories, that will last a lifetime.
About Lisa Lashes
Lisa Lashes is the only female artist ever to break into the Top 10 of the DJ Magazine Top 100 artists, dominator of the UK’s hard house music underground scene, and now Director of the NTIA (Night Time Industries Association). Lisa has had an award-winning career spanning over two decades, touring many continents and thousands of cities where millions of dance music fans have flocked to see her.
Lisa’s many accolades include the following:
- The only female to be voted in the Top 10 Best Global DJ’s in the DJ Magazine top 100 global artists
- SONY BMG – The largest-selling Euphoria hard house album of all time – Platinum and Silver
- Biggest selling Hard Dance single release in 2000
- Headlining the most prestigious festivals and events in 47 countries around the globe and 6 out of 7 continents
- Creating events under her Lashed Record Label brand with a residency at EDEN Ibiza and then on a 26-country world tour
- Creator of The Lisa Lashes School of Music gives a platform to educate the next generation of skill sets to work in the night-time industries in both creative and supporting functions
- On the Board of Directors of the UK Night-time Industries Association
- Signed to the huge Intec label (Carl Cox’s techno label)
- First female DJ to enter China, paving the way for all other females
- First female to sell out major events with ‘female only’ headliners
- Numerous awards and accolades throughout the years, paving the way for many women in this male-dominated industry.
- Patron for over 20 years supporting the Pink Ribbon Foundation Charity
In recent years, Lashes has transferred her title as the “Queen of Hard House” and cemented her position as one of the few top-performing female techno DJ’s and her adoring fans have moved with her with a reach of up to 100,000 fans tuning into her weekly #LashesLockdown live streams during the COVID outbreak.
Lisa now uses the platform she worked so hard to build over two decades to fly the flag of the UK night-time economy through her work with the NTIA and Lisa Lashes School of Music. She maximises her calling to push the envelope, not only in terms of creativity, but also in future-proofing talent and building a strong and stable dance entertainment industry in our fast-changing environment.
From touring with Grace Jones, Goldie, and ATB in South Africa, to DJing in a cave in Johannesburg, a zoo in Ibiza, a dolphin sanctuary in Durban, to playing the Millennium to over 10,000 people in Cape Town. The hugely established Electric Daisey Carnival in the US, Insomniacs LA, Sepang racecourse to over 40k people in Kuala Lumpur, a tour of Malaysia, Home in Sydney overlooking the Harbour Bridge, Creamfields festivals, Global Gathering plus a regular in Edmonton and Calgary, Canada for the Boodang crew. From DJing on the front deck, cruising on an Icelandic ship liner through the Nordic sea, there are not many areas in the world Lisa hasn’t reached or put her stamp on.
Lisa is well known in the industry as one of the hardest working and well-loved performers in the business, and as you can see for yourself, it takes inner drive and a good team to allow Lisa to keep pushing in the industry, which has welcomed her with open arms!
See our students in action
Here is some footage from one of our lessons